TNS Training: Sustainability for Leaders
As preparation for using PROBE for Sustainability Excellence, we recommend that you develop at least an introductory-level understanding of TNS’s Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development, for example by completing one a short eLearning course (click here for details). Once you have completed the eLearning, to develop a deeper understanding you may wish to attend the Sustainability for Leaders course described below. This course and PROBE Facilitator Training complement one another, and can be attended in any sequence. Together, they provide a powerful knowledge base and toolkit for helping organisations to better understand sustainability, the current status of their practices and performance, and how to enhance their sustainability and obtain substantial financial and other benefits.
Sustainability for Leaders A Transformative Approach to Sustainability Thinking, Strategy and Results
You can tell somebody the rules of chess, but that doesn’t make them a chess player and certainly not a master. They need to play in order to develop a full understanding of the strategies that can be deployed.”
- Gain clear understanding of sustainability based on sound science & systems thinking.
- Achieve a solid foundation in The Natural Step Framework, its rationale and how to apply it to organisations and complex sustainability issues.
- Attain confidence in communicating core concepts of strategic sustainable development.
- Learn to plan for success in complex systems by use of backcasting.
While this course provides a solid grounding in core concepts,the focus is on participation and practical experience with plenty of opportunities for dialogue & hands-on application.
The course is open to anyone who wants to be a leader in the change toward a sustainable society. Past participants include:
- Internal company and SME champions
- Municipal employees and elected officials
- Professors, researchers and consultants